Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Trip

My husband hasn't seen his family in 2 1/2 years! Well, until Friday night.

It's been planned for years that my husband would become his little cousin's godparent. It has also been planned for a year that we would go to Brazil together for this event, but things didn't work out that way. I'm extremely bummed!! In general, life held me back from being able to go- loads of work for school and our lovely tax bill (a story for another rainy day!).

A week before leaving, my husband's friend told him about this awesome thing called magicJack. I don't know the full story behind it, but it enables you to call internationally at a very low cost. I think he bought it for $40 and all calls after that intital cost are free for a year!! So pretty much his family can call our cell phones and we can call them on their new magicJack number. His family has been calling me all weekend speaking in Portuguese. I understand them, but my Portuguese is so terrible I'm afraid to speak! I have a feeling this will force me to learn.

Yesterday morning my husband called me ecstatic to be home with his family. He was eating a fresh peach and told me about how he had been chasing his cattle. I could see the twinkle in his eyes!

I'm so excited for him to finally be home with his family, even if it's just for a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment