Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Flight Delay

As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband went home to Brazil for the weekend. His flight was supposed to land in Chicago today at 5:30 a.m. When I got out of class at 5 p.m. I still hadn't heard from him. His family and I were frantic! I figured he lost his cell phone or it was dead. The man has a track record for losing cell phones. Then I realized that wasn't very likely. The drive from Chicago to where we live is only about 4 hours. Regardless of whether or not he lost his cell phone, he should've been home!

His cousin who lives here with us was getting ready to tell my mother-in-law that my husband was here but at work and forgot to tell us! I'm sorry but that isn't right so I decided to investigate. I had been putting off "the investigation" because I was worried something went wrong at customs. After arguing with two different girls, I was finally given information that the flight had been delayed 12 hours in Sao Paulo! It's funny because I talked to my mom before making that phone call and we discussed whether or not the flight being delayed 12 hours was possible. I figured it was impossible. Who was I kidding?! Anything is possible.

Anyway, I'm really upset because he didn't take time to call one single person about the delay! I'm sure I'll get an interesting story when the plane finally arrives and he decides to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment