Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brazilian Dog!!



(MY DOG!)

It's been a long time since I've taken the time to write an entry, but this picture inspired me.

Almost a year ago I left my home, college, family, and friends to be with my husband. The past year has been a whirlwind. My husband and I just bought a house so my dad decided to visit us. With him he brought my dog, Jade.

I am so happy to have her with me. My husband works long days so I'm home alone all the time. She makes my lonely nights a million times better! She has adjusted well, but I am still trying! It is so strange to finally have her with me after a year. Pretty sure I have two kids now, my husband and dog!!

The picture above was taken a week ago during a BBQ with my husband's Brazilian friends. They decided she needed to wear a Brazilian flag. They paraded her around so proudly. As you can tell, she was all right with being Brazilian for a few minutes!

Tchau!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for your comment on my most recent post. It really makes a huge difference to me to know that there are other people going through the same sorts of things. Where are you living and what does your husband do? I've been living here in Brazil now for almost three years and am still waiting for things to improve! But having said that, there is a major upside which is getting to travel a little bit here - although not nearly often enough!
    You must be stoked to have your dog with you, I got a dog to serve as my companion, too, not long after I arrived here, and they definitely do put a smile on your face, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sorry that it took me two weeks to find this comment! I'm still learning the ropes of blogging. My first problem is I don't go to my dashboard enough!
    I loved reading your posts about travelling! It's one of my favorite things to do, but I never have enough time!
    Anyway, my husband and I live in the states and I still have yet to experience Brazil! We moved farrr away from my home to Illinois and I'm still lost after a year..no friends. This experience has made me terrified to move to Brazil. If I can't make friends in America, how will I make friends in Brazil?!
    I'm happy to hear about your dog! They're wonderful to have!!

    ReplyDelete