Monday, October 31, 2011

Creeky Creek Day!

I had to share this after almost dying of laughter. In regards to my husband's English vocabulary, the past few days have been hilarious!



My husband woke up for work earlier and told me yesterday was creeky creek day.

Our conversation went like this:

"My friend told me yesterday was creeky creek day!" -Husband
"What's that?" -Me (trying to not laugh!!)
"I don't know. Kids come to your house and ask for chocolates?!" -Husband
"Really?" -Me
"Yeah, and if you don't give them chocolates they mess with your house!" -Husband

I continued to act shocked like he knew something that I didn't. It was hilarious! I finally cracked and told him it was Halloween and he meant trick-or-treat, not creeky creek! He was embarrassed.

Another English mishap from the past few days...

Yesterday we went out to eat Mexican. While we were eating my husband decided to talk about taxes (I still need to write a post about our tax situation, so until then this might not be funny!). He said our 2011 taxes won't be such a nightmare because he'll be able to "blame" me. He meant to say claim, not blame! This resulted in me laughing hysterically and him getting upset.

I'm sure karma is going to smack me in the face when I decide to learn Portuguese.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!What's up? My name's Al from California but currently living in Goiania, Brazil. I wanted to let you know that you're stories are very funny and cute. I've really enjoyed reading them. Also, I'm currently teaching English in Brazil. Would you mind if I use some of your stories in class? I wanna give my students a better taste of what REAL English is like (American slang, expressions, etc.). If I don't here from you, I'll assume you're okay with it. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sorry that it took me forever to respond, but yes that is fine!

    ReplyDelete