Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving With the FLU.

WOW. What a day. I worked 9-5, arrived at an appointment at 5:10...was there until 8. After that I went to our crappy mall and bought a new outfit for Thanksgiving. When we moved here I got rid of all my clothes so I had to buy a new outfit. Then, I went to Wal-Mart to buy ingredients for a Thanksgiving dessert. I am finally home at 10:14 and VERY thankful.

A couple of my coworkers called in sick today because they have the flu. How lovely! Around 2 I started to feel a few flu-like symptoms but decided to not think about it. It appears to me that if you think hard about getting sick, you usually end up sick. Apparently not thinking about it didn't work because I'm pretty sure I have the flu. To make things better, my husband has the flu as well. Of course he thinks he's dying. We are expecting to spend Thanksgiving with his boss's family so that might get a little interesting! I know one thing that is for sure...tomorrow will be a hectic day for me. I work 7-11 and then I have to rush home, make desserts, and get ready!

Oh, and the weather. It is currently raining. Ohhh no, not just rain. Freezing rain. I have never seen freezing rain before! How interesting. Where I came from it either rained or snowed.  I don't want to be a downer, but geez! I hope everything settles down tomorrow so we can enjoy our day! I guess it could be worse. I could be my stray adopted kitty outside in this nasty weather. That is a blog for another day! Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment