Saturday, February 19, 2011

Moth balls

When we moved into this house it was infested with moth balls. Oh yes, moth balls. My husband's friend lived here before us and he put moth balls in the cabinets, behind the fridge, in the closets, behind the couch, and everywhere else he could possibly think of. I can't diss on him too much because this is sort of HIS house and everything but what the heck?! I think he was trying to scare off an army of mice or something! I'm not too worried about mice so I went around picking up the moth balls and throwing them away. That was the first weekend of November and the scent is still haunting us. The moth ball scent will probably never go away, although it has gone down quite a bit.

We went to my dad's for Christmas and as we started unpacking our clothes all we could smell was moth balls. I had to rewash all of our clothes. Honestly, it's kind of funny. That experience definitely reminded that after you live somewhere for awhile you don't really notice the bad smells and what not.

Last night I was cooking supper. As I reached deep into the spice cabinet I noticed that it even smells like moth balls. GEESH. I'm really worried about when we move out. I'm going to have to deep clean all of our belongings and rewash EVERYTHING to get rid of the smell. Speaking of, we are moving out veryyy soon. More on that later! pssst, we're trying to buy a house!

Anyway, I've been studying all morning and decided to eat lunch. The easiest thing was a chicken pot pie so I opened it, stuck it in the microwave, and then attempted to eat it. The chicken pot pie tasted like freakin' moth balls. What the heck?!?! Please don't get me wrong. I don't know what moth balls taste like, but the taste was moth ball. I had to throw away my chicken pot pie and eat 2 oranges for lunch. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment