Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh, the nerves!

On Tuesday, my husband and I have our immigration interview, which determines whether or not he is approved to adjust his status. Holy nerves! We have so much information to take with us. I think I'm nervous mainly because I don't know what to expect. I've read stuff online and talked with our lawyer a million times (which does help A LOT), but I'm still nervous. My husband keeps having nightmares about it and he feels like he's begging the officers to stay in America! hahah, cracks me up.

The emotions finally hit me today. I have class all day, studying to do tonight, I work all day Saturday and Sunday, Monday is a holiday so no class, interview is Tuesday. That means I will spend Monday studying what I will miss Tuesday and preparing all of our documents, then we will head to Chicago.

Neither of us have been to Chicago so we don't know what to expect. I still need to book a hotel!! On a good note, we are eating at a Brazilian restaurant, Fogo De Chao. I'm VERY excited about that! There was a Brazilian restaurant near the university I went to prior to moving. You can only imagine how much money we dropped there! Yum-O!

I'm sure you can imagine what my next few days will consist of. I'm going to be a nervous wreck and my husband is going to be a nervous, crabby, pain in the ***, areyousurewearen'tforgettinganypapersbecauseIwillbepissed!, type of person. Ohh nerves, bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! :) I've heard that too, and then the opposite. Apparently a lot goes on behind the scenes so they'll be like, "the third couple of the day we are splitting up." I'm sure we would be fine, but it still scares the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete